Addiction and chronic pain recovery doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a concerted effort and a comprehensive treatment approach to get to the core issues. If you or a loved one have made the decision to commit to a new, positive life, Driftwood Recovery’s residential addiction treatment program provides the ideal level of care to facilitate lasting change.
Individual Counseling: The Foundation of Our Residential Addiction Treatment Program
During individual counseling, our therapists meet with residents one-on-one to discuss their addiction history and develop new coping strategies without resorting back to using. Our therapeutic methods seek out the underlying cause behind substance use disorders or how individuals cope with chronic pain.
During treatment, our therapists often uncover co-occurring disorders. Solely treating the addiction, or just focusing on how someone copes with chronic pain, doesn’t always fix the problem. Our therapists ensure proper dual diagnosis, addiction and chronic pain treatment through a holistic approach.
Individual counseling also examines negative thought processes and behaviors that could have contributed to a substance use or chronic pain issue. Some of our behavior modification techniques include:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) — ACT is an empirically based therapeutic approach that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies with commitment and behavioral changes strategies, to increase psychological flexibility and improve motivation.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) — CBT is a therapeutic approach that is structured, present oriented and directed toward solving current problems by teaching skills and strategies to modify dysfunctional thinking and behaviors.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) — DBT is an evidence based behavioral therapy approach that offers skills and approaches to improve functioning in four domains; Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Distress Tolerance and Emotion Regulation.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment — Dual Diagnosis is a treatment approach that addresses a client substance abuse disorder while simultaneously addressing their mental health disorder.
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) — EMDR has shown to be useful in resolving traumatic experiences, enabling healing from the symptoms and emotional distress that are the result of disturbing life experiences.
How Our Group Counseling and Family Programs Aid in Recovery
Our counselors lead 12 Step-based group sessions that promote an outlet for you or your loved one to voice opinions in a non-judgmental atmosphere. You or your loved one will be in groups with people experiencing similar situations in early recovery. This helps establish camaraderie and a stronger support network.
We also encourage family participation with our Family Program. Often we underestimate the toll addiction and chronic pain management has on families. Our family program educates family members about addiction and chronic pain recovery, allowing the family to support their loved one in the most effective manner, without enabling negative behaviors.
Feel Right at Home During Your Residential Addiction Treatment Program Experience
A residential addiction treatment program shouldn’t feel like jail. To enhance our residents’ recovery experience, our high-quality addiction and pain rehab center offers spacious housing and an array of amenities. We also offer experiential recovery methods to make sure you or your loved one get the most out of treatment.
Examples of experiential activities include:
- Aquatic Therapy
- Fitness Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
- High/Low Ropes Courses