At Driftwood Recovery, we offer a wide range of addiction therapies in Texas to assist in the healing process. We provide a safe space that promotes comfort and safety. Once individuals feel relaxed, they can share any feelings and thoughts that may be hindering their recovery.
The Goal of Our Addiction Therapies in Texas
Addiction therapies help our clients learn more productive methods of staying clean and away from risky situations. The stress of addiction recovery alone is hard as it is, but when faced with issues outside of the rehab environment that could pose trouble or concern, getting sober becomes even more difficult.
When clients decide to seek our TX addiction treatment programs, they gain the knowledge and skills to thrive in recovery and prevent relapse. Through evidence-based addiction therapies, our compassionate professionals help individuals transform negative behaviors and thought processes.
Examples of Beneficial Addiction Therapies
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy ( ACT ): The acronym says it all. During Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, individuals make a commitment to change and begin to take action to transform their lives.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ( CBT ): During CBT, clients learn how to alter dysfunctional thinking as they work toward solving current problems.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy ( DBT ): DBT focuses on improving an individual’s functioning in four main areas: Mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, distress tolerance, and emotional regulation.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy ( EMDR ): EMDR can help clients overcome unresolved trauma and improve their emotion regulation.
- Group Therapy: While individual psychotherapy often lays the groundwork for change, group therapy allows individuals to build camaraderie in recovery.
Alternative Addiction Therapies
Although traditional talk therapy sets the foundation for healing, holistic approaches to recovery hold tremendous value as well. For instance, activities like yoga, meditation, and exercise can all help individuals learn valuable coping techniques. Additionally, these new hobbies could serve as lifelong relapse deterrents.
Begin a Courageous New Life Today
You or your loved one’s addiction doesn’t have to be a life sentence. Driftwood Recovery is ready to help you regain control. Call us today at 866-426-4694 and learn more about our addiction therapies in Texas.