If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction or chronic pain complications, recovery may seem hopeless. Maybe your issue is affecting your work productivity. Maybe your loved one struggles to get out of bed every morning. Driftwood Recovery in Driftwood, Texas understands what you’re going through. No matter the struggle, recovery starts with seeking our high-quality Texas addiction treatment programs. Regardless of you or your loved one’s issue, we teach clients that there’s a better way to cope.
Our Texas addiction and pain rehab center offers:
During individual and group counseling, we utilize effective evidence-based techniques for clients to get the most out of our Texas addiction treatment programs. Our methods include:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) — ACT is an empirically based therapeutic approach that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies with commitment and behavioral changes strategies, to increase psychological flexibility and improve motivation.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) — CBT is a therapeutic approach that is structured, present oriented and directed toward solving current problems by teaching skills and strategies to modify dysfunctional thinking and behaviors.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) — DBT is an evidence based behavioral therapy approach that offers skills and approaches to improve functioning in four domains; Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Distress Tolerance and Emotion Regulation.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment – Dual Diagnosis is a treatment approach that addresses a client substance abuse disorder while simultaneously addressing their mental health disorder.
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) — EMDR has shown to be useful in resolving traumatic experiences, enabling healing from the symptoms and emotional distress that are the result of disturbing life experiences.
Dual Diagnosis and Trauma
During their time in our Texas addiction treatment programs, individuals will receive evidence-based practices, both in individual and group sessions, to deliver the insight and coping skills required to recovery from both addiction and mental illness. Research demonstrated that treatment of both conditions simultaneously increases the likelihood of successful and sustained recovery.
Trauma damages an individual’s sense of physical and emotional safety, leading to distrust, anxiety, or withdrawal, and ultimately disrupts relationships. Our approach to treating trauma offers an opportunity for healing by restoring connections. Evidence suggests that processing trauma in the context of the psychotherapy relationship while providing skills and containment to regulate difficult emotions that come up in the process promotes coping with trauma in healthier ways. The treatment of trauma at Driftwood also offers an overview of common attachment patterns in childhood and adulthood, setting the stage for understanding attachment trauma, which is most obvious and destructive in cases of neglect and abuse. In addition to education and careful, compassionate examination of trauma, clinicians will work with residents to develop individualized coping skills to handle the day to day difficulties that come with experiencing trauma in the full context of life.
Clients who choose our residential Texas addiction treatment programs will have exclusive access to our spacious 85-acre, amenity-rich property, including:
- Fitness Center
- Nutritional Instruction
- Rope Courses
- Scenic Biking and Hiking
- Much More!