Addiction comes in many forms, but one of the most damaging is a Substance Use Disorder. Usually resulting from long-term use and frequent consumption, Substance Use Disorder occurs when drugs and/or alcohol affect your day-to-day functionality. Aside from the physical and mental health consequences, it’s a disease that can tear families apart and ruin relationships. If you’re tired of drug or alcohol addiction destroying your life, treatment at Driftwood Recovery can help you regain normalcy and live a prosperous life.
How We Help Substance Use Disorder
Driftwood Recovery offers various levels of care to help individuals overcome Substance Use Disorder. Our programs include:
There may be an underlying cause to your addiction. Because co-occurring disorders are common, Driftwood Recovery offers dual diagnosis treatment. During individual counseling sessions, our therapists will determine if a mental health issue is contributing to your addiction.
We Use Various Behavioral Therapies to Empower Change
Our therapists use many different behavioral modification therapies to turn destructive thought patterns into positive ones. Some of our evidence-based therapies include:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) — ACT is an empirically based therapeutic approach that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies with commitment and behavioral changes strategies, to increase psychological flexibility and improve motivation.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) — CBT is a therapeutic approach that is structured, present oriented and directed toward solving current problems by teaching skills and strategies to modify dysfunctional thinking and behaviors.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) — DBT is an evidence based behavioral therapy approach that offers skills and approaches to improve functioning in four domains; Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Distress Tolerance and Emotion Regulation.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment — Dual Diagnosis is a treatment approach that addresses a client substance abuse disorder while simultaneously addressing their mental health disorder.
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) — EMDR has shown to be useful in resolving traumatic experiences, enabling healing from the symptoms and emotional distress that are the result of disturbing life experiences.
Driftwood Recovery Integrates the 12 Steps Into Our Substance Use Disorder Programs
To complement our rigorous Substance Use Disorder treatment, we incorporate the 12 Steps into our program. Driftwood Recovery offers meetings and group workshops several times a week. Clients will have the opportunity to practice 12 Step principles with their peers, building camaraderie and a stronger recovery network.
How Experiential Methods Foster Long-Term Change
Along with our evidence-based modalities, Driftwood Recovery offers experiential treatment solutions, helping clients develop healthy coping strategies. Some of these include:
- Aquatic Therapy
- Fitness Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
- High/Low Ropes Courses
We Offer a Family Program
Driftwood Recovery encourages family participation. Substance Use Disorder is a disease that can rip families apart. Our staff provides family therapy, addiction education and relapse prevention planning to help mend your broken relationship.
Individuals opting for our comprehensive residential Substance Use Disorder treatment will have ready access to all of these amenities, along with spacious accommodations on our 85-acre campus. You’ll feel right at home as you begin your recovery journey.
If you’re suffering from a Substance Use Disorder, treatment at Driftwood Recovery can empower you to seek a more fulfilling life. Call 866-426-4694 today to verify your insurance.